Intrepid rear weatherstripping

A friend bought a nice looking Intrepid probably a 2000. Anyway the weatherstripping around both rear door openings fell out. Haven't seen anything like that with my 99 300M. I tried working it back in but seemed like it had shrunk. Anyone run into this?

Reply to
Art

I recall seeing that problem being discussed on

I don't have any details handy but you mightwant to look there for more info. I haven't experienced it, but it seemed tobe a common problem. Perhaps it is more of a problem if the car is outside inthe hot sun a lot.

Reply to
Greg Houston

Yes it is common, there has been a TSB out for awhile now, I cant see how that will turn into a recall as no safety issues are involved. Unless of course exhaust fumes could into the cabin area

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

It has also been a common problem on the M's on the front doors, though my '99 Concorde (same doors - except some of the trim comes molded to match interior color - perhaps that's the difference?) has never had the problem.

Besides DI.net that Greg mentions, you might check out the 'Black Trim and Wetherstripping' forum on the 300M Enthusiasts Club forums

Pretty much that whole forum has been on the subject, though not many recent threads because the subject's been pretty much beat to death. Because the weatherstripping is so expensive (if, say, you need to do all four doors) the solution that seems popular is to buy one door's worth of weatherstripping, remove the threshold, slide the ends of the weatherstrip apart, fill in the gap with a piece cut from the new piece, and re-install the threshold. Bill Putney (To reply by e-mail, replace the last letter of the alphabet in my adddress with the letter 'x')

Reply to
Bill Putney

It happened on the back door of my 2004 300m. I can't get it back in, it's like it is too short.

Reply to
Steve

Yes - the door gasket on the M's and other LH's has a tendendency to shrink and pull away from the frame leaving air gaps. Read my earlier reply for pointers to further reading, and a popular (money-saving but effective) solution for the problem.

Bill Putney

I've got the same problem with my wife's 2000 Intrepid R/T. I "sorta" put it back up (like you say, it's like it's too short) every few weeks. Not a serious problem, but annoying.

Reply to
Joe Pfeiffer