Intrepid wheel bearings

I couldn't find any information about lubricating the bearings on my

1999 Intrepid. Is there anything I should do for maintenance or are they "permanently" lubricated? Also while I'm at it, is there anything on the car that needs attention from a grease gun from time to time?

I've noticed a slight sound from the left side that is only noticeable inside the car when the window is open. It is almost like a cricket sound and is proportional to the vehicle speed. I notice it above about

15-20 mph until road and wind noise overpower it at around 30-35 mph. Anything to be concerned about? I was even thinking that it could be the wind through the alloy wheels, but I don't seem to notice it on the right side, and I don't really recall it during the first years I had the car.
Reply to
Tim

Sealed bearings, the only thing you need to grease now and then would be the hood latch and door hinges, as far as the squeak goes, make sure your front brake wear indicators aren't hitting the rotors telling you they are worn out

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Probably the brake pad wear indicators as Glenn suggests, but also, it may be the rotor shield being bent slightly and touching the rotor - I had it happen to me on my Concorde, and I've correctly diagnosed it on at least three other LH cars here and other LH forums. It's a rectangular piece of sheet metal that hangs downward from the steering knuckle between the rotor and the ball joint. Here's a picture that shows it (steering knuckle off the car):

If that's it, just bend the shield away from the rotor 1/8 to 1/4".

But again, it's probably the brake wear tell-tales.

Bill Putney