Is a torque converter available to replace fluid coupling on 1950 Gyromatic

I have a 1950 Dodge Coronet with the M6 Gyromatic transmission. The car is going to have a substantial restoration and this will be a good time to incorporate any major mechanical changes. If it is feasible I would like to upgrade the transmission from a fluid coupling to a torque converter. Is this possible and which Chrysler cars would have had the torque converter. This would help in finding a converter from a parts source. Thanks

Reply to
Gene Walker

Look up on allpar and search for fluid drive, or M6. Some Chrysler Imperials had Fluid Torque Drive, with a shift quadrant, but still had the clutch. I think this was around 51/52.

Reply to
sctvguy1