Is there a sensor on the 94 laBaron that controls throttle response?

I have been having trouble with a 94 La baron V6 with auto trans.

It hesitates when I attempt to accelerate while driving. If I continue to apply more gas it picks right up and goes. It runs fine from a dead stop with no hesitation.

In addition the engine stalled on a few occasions while driving but if I was quick enough (I could see the tach dropping)I could apply a little throttle and keep it running.

Are there any sensors, etc. that control throttle response or control?

Thanks Guys

Reply to
Dogface

Yes, plenty of them. See if there are any trouble codes stored.

To check the computer codes:

With the engine off, switch the ignition key on-off-on-off-on, leaving it "ON". Do not go to "start", just "on" during this procedure.

Watch the "Check Engine" or "Power Loss" light. It will turn on, then go off, then will begin to flash-out any trouble codes that have been stored. For instance, if it flashes:

flash flash flash

flash flash flash flash flash flash flash flash

flash flash flash flash flash flash flash flash flash flash

Then you have a 12 (one flash followed by two) a 35 (three and five) and a

55 (five and five). 55 means "end of codes" or, if by itself, "No codes stored. Check the codes and report what you find.
Reply to
Daniel J. Stern