Is this the end of GM (Or Ford and Chrysler)

Is this the end of GM? I think it might be the end of Ford and possibly Chrysler. The Government will own GM. They'll have an endless supply of money. Look at UPS and FEDEX. The Government told them, "You can't deliver letters." What's to to stop them from telling Ford or Chrysler, "You can't make trucks." "You can't make vans." Or SUVs. The Government owning another company scares me.

Reply to
Pete E. Kruzer

UPS **does** deliver for USPS.

UPS has since 2006 carried USPS first class and priority mail.

News

Yes, from city to city. When did UPS put an envelope in your mailbox or hand you a package with USPS stamps on it.

Reply to
Pete E. Kruzer

But then, GM and Chrysler could continue to exist, and will make vehicles designed by Congress and Al Gore. They will have to be subsidized by us as taxpayers, of course, until Congress also passes laws forcing us to buy the products.

Reply to
Pete E. Kruzer

And WHY would they use stamps? They use airbills, as does FDX.

Reply to
News

Since you have it all figured out, why not cut to the chase, and FOAD.

Reply to
News

Well, I'd like to see the Fed own the energy and telecommunications industries. One car company is no big deal. Keep in mind that the government is none other than you.

jeffinputnam

Are you going to revert to your Saul Alinsky "Rules for Radicals" tactics again?

Reply to
Bill Putney

It's not unlikely. Now that Gov is calling the shots, they have the power to bend the industry rules to their liking. What an opportunity to change all cars to those Al Bore wants.

Reply to
who

When are you going to drop your Nathan Thurm performance?

Reply to
News

And yet, they thrive. And the USPS is running in the red.

Your analogy has a gaping hole in it.

Reply to
Steve

Very, very, naive thinking....

Reply to
Steve

And UPS is in fact carrying First Class and Priority USPS mail.

Reply to
News