It's not a Chrysler, but it's a GREAT story!

Pete E. Kruzer

That is quite a story. I find it hard to believe that the engine is original. Wouldn't the rings or valve guides have experience some major wear by then?

-KM

Reply to
KirkM

Not necessarily. I've got a '73 318 that has 437,000 miles on it- all well-documented, its been mine since 1981 and was parents' before that. No ring or valve problems- its biggest issue is that it needs a lot of gaskets replaced (valve covers, oil pan, timing cover). But it doesn't burn any oil- no smoke, no deposits on spark plugs.

Reply to
Steve

Both the owner and the car are amazing. I hope I'm that sharp when I'm that age. I did notice that the original AC compressor was replaced with a newer style unit.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher