Jeep headlights come on on their own

On several occasions I have found that my Jeep's headlights have come on on their own.

On two ocassions now, th elights have been on long enough to run the battery down until the alarm goes off...quite exciting in the middle of the night:)

Any ideas?

TIA

Reply to
<pagesk2001

Had a friend with a Cherokee with your exact problem... turned out to be a fried trailer light converter. A little snip 'n' splice and everything worked again.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel