Jeep Liberty SEEMS HAUNTED?!?!?!?!?

We have a 2005 Jeep Liberty and has been running fine. Yesterday went shopping, all kind of short trips. Came home and parked in the garage, went to leave last night and just clicked and wouldn't start. So we took the other vehicle. Today we went to see if it would start and as soon as we opened the hood and the door, the CD player sounded like it was constantly trying to reject a CD. And it also sounded like it was trying to unlock the rear gate. When we tried to start it, it just clicked again but the rear hatch popped open. Wouldn't start but every time we turned the key it would just pop the hatch open and the rear lock would start popping. The doors wouldn't unlock or lock with the key either.

Tried another key (moving this one waaaay far away in case the key was messed up) but got the same results.

Weirdest thing we have ever seen with a vehicle, was thinking just battery but it's fairly new and completely clean. Now we're thinking something major electrical.

Any suggestions???

Reply to
infiniteMPG

Well, after a couple trips from a AAA rep turns out that the battery was toast... swapped it out and everything's fine.

Reply to
infiniteMPG