key lock cylinder ?

hello can i just buy the lock cylinder housing for my 98 stratus es? it appears the metal tube like piece that fits into the ignition switch, to move it in it's positions, is broken. i only found a piece with a slot in it, it's about an inch long. i had my new ignition switch in, put the key lock cylinder in, and when i tried the key with the new ignition switch, it didn't feel right. i could tell when i turned the key it wasn't changing positions on the ignition switch. thanks Randy

Reply to
Randy Pape

Is there a shifter-ignition switch interlock that maybe needs adjusting?

Bill Putney

The two pieces can be bought seperately.

Reply to
Deke

do you know if this is a dealer item? thanks

Reply to
Randy Pape

I replaced mine from O'Reillys. Cost was under $20, I think......

Reply to
Deke