Keyless Entry Problem

I have a 2005 Dodge Caravan. Yesterday afternoon, my keyless entry stopped working.

On the key, I have a lock, unlock, and panic button. The panic button works fine. The unlock button flashes the headlights and tailights, but does NOT unlock the doors. The lock button flashes the headlights and the tailights, but does NOT lock the doors. It does set the alarm system though.

Inside the vehicle, the electric door lock does not lock or unlock the doors.

I looked for a fuse, but nothing looked like it referred to the keyless entry or door locks.

Any ideas on where to look, how to fix?

TIA,

-Tom

Reply to
Tom Rogers

button

headlights

alarm

Tom its an '05 if you have less than 36,000 miles stop messing with it and take it to the dealer.

Reply to
TNKEV

Warranty has expired.

-Tom

Reply to
Tom Rogers

well it didn't last long you must drive a lot!

sounds like it could have a body control module issue if it isn't unlocking *any*door if only one door isn't locking or unlocking it could be a door lock accuator. it may be wise to take it to the dealer for proper diagnosis.

Reply to
TNKEV

I drive 33k per year. It won't lock or unlock ALL doors. I tried the key on-off-on-off-on to see any codes come up and all is fine from the ECM.

Hate to take it to the dealer - so $%@^#% expensive.

-Tom

Reply to
Tom Rogers

the key on-off-on thing won't work in this situation because that will only show PCM codes you likely have a BCM problem,I don't think auto zone people could read the codes in the BCM but that is a possibility but even if they could thay can't do anything about it. your vehicle could need an update to the BCM, I believe you may have no choice but to take it to the dealer,give the rest of the group a chance to see your post maybe somebody else has a suggestion.

Reply to
TNKEV

Not a keyless entry problem, its a door lock problem, make sure you check all fuses under the hood in the PDC. There is a TSB 08-028-05 out for flashing the BCM for an inop keyless entry problem. not sure if that pertains to your problem or not, take it to the dealer There is also another TSB out for Driver and passenger door lock inop which is a reflash also TSB

08-40-04 take it to the dealer

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech (at the dealer)

Reply to
maxpower

"" wrote: > I have a 2005 Dodge Caravan. Yesterday afternoon, my keyless > entry stopped > working. > > On the key, I have a lock, unlock, and panic button. The panic > button works > fine. The unlock button flashes the headlights and tailights, > but does NOT > unlock the doors. The lock button flashes the headlights and > the tailights, > but does NOT lock the doors. It does set the alarm system > though. > > Inside the vehicle, the electric door lock does not lock or > unlock the > doors. > > I looked for a fuse, but nothing looked like it referred to > the keyless > entry or door locks. > > Any ideas on where to look, how to fix? > > TIA, > > -Tom

Tom:

Is the instrument cluster ok??

I had a failure of the door lock and instrument cluster in our 2005 Voyager. It was the BCM in need of a new software upload. Is the Service Engine light off or on?

JM

Reply to
JMendez

Instrument cluster is fine - no check engine light.

-Tom

Reply to
Tom Rogers

Believe that runs through the PCM. In any case, it would covered under your warranty.

Reply to
Dennis

Reply to
tim bur

There may be a problem with the body controller on this. There is a problem with the owner touching the door lock switch, discharging static electricity into the computer, shorting the filter capacitors in the BCM. This usually happens with the drivers side door locks on the door, because most of the time the drivers side is used. Less frequently the passenger side, but just a susceptible if it was used by a passenger locking the doors. If a door lock switch does not work properly, that is likely the problem. You will need to go to the Chrysler dealer and get it replaced. DO NOT go to the junkyard! It may seem like a good idea, but if the wrong set of codes get transferred from the junkyard unit to your powertrain controller, it will contaminate it, and you will need a new PCM and BCM ( an extremely costly experience).

Bill

Reply to
Bill