Koller Dodge Parts

A looong time ago I placed an order with Koller Dodge Parts. Some items were shipped, but others were special ordered and charged to my card up front. I have heard nothing more from them and can no longer locate them on the Web.

Where did they go?

MB

Reply to
Minnie Bannister

Outta business.

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

I live less than a mile from the former Koller Dodge. It is now Dodge of Naperville. Address is unchanged and the phone number remains the same (630)-355-3410. I have no idea if they continued the internet ordering business. I'd suggest that you give them a call and ask what happened to the order.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Shuman

In fact, when I used the URL

I ended up at the Dodge of Naperville site, and I have already emailed them my query.

MB

On 07/13/04 06:39 pm Bob Shuman put fingers to keyboard and launched the following message into cyberspace:

Reply to
Minnie Bannister

Reply to
<chef_rwmiller

As I mentioned in the immediately preceding message in this thread,

(whereas the original URL when I ordered was
gets me to Dodge of Naperville, who tell me that they don't think they have any responsibility to people who ordered from Koller Dodge. IOW, it appears that Dodge of Naperville took over the premises and the Web site of the former Koller Dodge but accept none of the latter's liabilities.

MB

On 07/26/04 07:30 pm chef snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net put fingers to keyboard and launched the following message into cyberspace:

Reply to
Minnie Bannister

At which point the question of how much they owe you comes into play. If it's enough, you might think about having a lawyer look into whether the new dealership is made up of the same people as the old dealership, and just what the terms of sale of the dealership was.

Then, if they owe you a *lot*, you can think about a lawsuit against either the old owners (if they didn't transfer liabilities) or the new ones (if they did) -- or maybe they're the same people, of course.

Reply to
Joe Pfeiffer

It's about $60, not enough to be worth paying a lawyer to try to recover.

IAC, even if the people are the same, isn't that the beauty (and danger) of the corporation/"legal person" (as distinct from "natural person") system? It's not "John Smith" that owes me; it's "John Smith, Inc." "John Smith, Inc." can declare bankruptcy, then "John Smith" incorporates a new entity (e.g., "Jack Smith, Inc.") manages the new business as badly (but not fraudulently) as the old, declare bankruptcy, and leave a new lot of customers without the goods for which they paid.

I have seen people describe the whole corporation/limited liability company thing as basically immoral, enabling people to escape the consequences of their actions.

MB

On 07/27/04 12:12 pm Joe Pfeiffer put fingers to keyboard and launched the following message into cyberspace:

Reply to
Minnie Bannister