Lamps Condensing Water

94 dodge shadow

About two years ago I installed some new lamps all was well until this year, now they have water condensing in the inside of the lens any suggestions on how to correct?

Thanks

Reply to
LooseWheel

I had understood that this problem was corrected on later versions of the headlamps, with an improved vent. I think that 1994 was the last year for the Shadow/Sundance before it was replaced by the Neon. If the headlamps are aftermarket, they may not have the improvements that Chrysler implemented.

Sometime ago, there was a post about drilling a small hole in the bottom of the headlamp housing so that the water could drain. I can't seem to locate it now.

-Kirk Matheson

Reply to
kmatheson

Not a good idea. Better idea: remove the rubber bushing from the bulb.

Richard.

Reply to
Richard

Stop by your local Chrysler dealer parts counter and obtain two of P/N

4676351 (headlamp vent). May have to be ordered in, so call ahead.

If there's liquid water sloshing around in the lamps, remove the lamps from the car and thoroughly drain/dry them.

Drill a 1/4" hole in the top of each headlamp, about 3/4" forward of the top adjustor tower. Remove the plastic chips from the drilling, and snap the vent into the hole.

Make sure to aim your lamps carefully and correctly after disturbing them like this.

A second-preference method involves removing the bulbs, removing and discarding the rubber O-rings from the bulb bases, and then reinstalling the bulbs. This accomplishes the same thing, however, some headlamp designs rely on the O-ring for proper bulb retension and the bulb can rattle around in its holder if the O-ring isn't present. This, in turn, shakes the bulb to pieces and causes beam pattern flicker, which is annoying and not very safe.

DS

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

What method works for water vapor inside Chrysler Fog Lights?

Richard.

Reply to
Richard

Replacement of the fog lamp assembly.