Leaky High side AC service port

Does anybody know if someone makes a cap or adaptor that could be used to seal the core of the high side service port? I have a 96 Plymouth Grand Voyager 3.3L with front and rear air. the AC isn't working very good so while checking it out I noticed the high side port was leaking. The core seems to be made out of rubber, and it's a big job to replace the whole line. Thanks, Dave

Reply to
Dave

It's proably just the schrader valve. You can get them for about 99 cents at any parts store.

Reply to
AudioGuy93DelSol

A pack of 5 Schrader cores (including two plastic valve wrenches) costs me $2.49 at United Refrigeration. However, if you want to replace the valve with the system charged, then you're going to need a Robinaire or Yellow Jacket core replacer tool, about $50 and up, but a worthwhile investment if you're going to do even moderate service work. Schrader cores, especially on the high side nearest the compressor, harden and leak more often than not.

Reply to
DeserTBoB

Reply to
davebz1a