LH door panels

My 99 LH car's front passenger door panel rattles on bumps. I suspect the dealer didn't replace the clips inside the door panel. (It was opened up several times to fix the window and also to fix the microswitch that disarms the alarm when the key unlocks the pass. side door).

The service manual says the clips are good three times and should then be replaced. Shame on me for not requesting the dealer redo it at the time, but the last time they worked on that door was well over a year ago and it's not really noticeable all the time or in warmer weather (plastic parts expand?)

The rattle seems to come from somewhere between the manual door lock control and the armrest. Is replacing the clips inside something I can reasonably do myself? If I remove the door panel is it easy to find and do, or do I have to worry about window and door innards spilling everywere and falling apart? I believe the clips that do this job are called 'white clips'. Hopefully this is the cause of the rattling. Not a major concern, but it is an annoying one on bumpy roads.

The clips at the bottom of the door (per TSB 23-04-00) were installed so that's not the issue. (99 Intrepid ES) Thanks!

Reply to
Greg Houston

If the clips were no good and you suspect them as being the cause of the rattle, then your door panel would not fit on tight and you would see that. If you have a rattle in the door, chances are it is one of the rods/linkage or wire harness that go to the latch beating on the door/panel causing the noise

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Make sure they put all the screws back in, including three screws at approximately 120° intervals around the door speaker (not the screws that hold the speakers in, but in deep wells in the door panel). A screw that goes in vertically on the pull cup in the arm rest is critical. Another screw in the recess around the inside door handle. And the white clips that you mentioned (there are two per door) - and yes *you* can replace them. They slip in and out of open-ended slots in the panel.

Bill Putney

the door panel is also held on by screws around the speaker and at the bottom i would bet the screws at the bottom are too tight and the door panel is now cracked and broke there i hope u kept good records so u can go bac and complain and when they say u did it u can say i don't fix stuff because i pay u folks to do it and now it's brokesince u fixed it and they don't have a leg to stand on

Greg Houst> My 99 LH car's front passenger door panel rattles on bumps. I suspect

Reply to
philthy

Greg already said that he has the clips at the bottom of the door isntalled and that that is not the issue. I also mentioned the 3 screws around the speakers.

Bill Putney (To reply by e-mail, replace the last letter of the alphabet > the door panel is also held on by screws around the speaker and at the > bottom

Reply to
Bill Putney

I think all of my screws are there. The rattle (boy is it annoying :) seems to be coming from just below the manual lock control, so hopefully there is a bad clip behind that area that can be replaced. I'm getting ready to order a bunch of parts (hopefully online if I can find a dealer with an online part number lookup). From my 98-99 LH parts catalog (dated 2002) I found three part numbers that look like they could be the clips I'm looking for. However it's not easy to tell from the diagram which part is the one I need:

Image Part # Description #10 6035 807 12 CLIP, Door Trim #11 6504 014 AR FASTENER, Door Trim Panel, [White], Attaching #12 6503 204 AR FASTENER, Door Trim Panel, [Green], Attaching

Do you know which is the proper part, or are all of them needed to hold the door panel?

[Some other parts I'm ordering are MH08TL2: sun visor holder (I broke mine somehow), 4591100AC:air filters, Bright Platinum touch up paint, and the TSB 23-04-00 door bottom clips (for the driver's door--looks like 0UB4715DAA (Quartz color) should do the job.)

My homelink garage door transmitter has *very* limited range, and sure enough there is a TSB -- 08-19-00 for that issue. It calls for an updated antenna, part # 04602316AA, so I think I'll try to get one of those too.]

Reply to
Greg Houston