Light bulb question -- Daniel Stern?

Reply to
Richard

The X-Pel product doesn't replace the headlight assy. covers. They are adhesive-backed, 1mm thick, optically clear sheets that you stick onto the front of the intact headlight assy.

BTW - FWIW, for various reasons, lots of Americans remove the front of the headlight assy. by putting the assy. in an oven to soften the glue, and re-attach them after they've done whatever it is they do inside.

Bill Putney

Yeah - but I know you have offices in several places. I just want to know how many different places you are registered in besides that absentee one you just did and how many times, total, you're going to vote - I know all about you democrats!! Like they say in Chicago, "Vote early and often!" 8^) Seriously - dya know that in California, it's illegal for them to ask a voter to show ID (might intimidate them)!! What idiots. Wonder how many illegals will be voting there.

I hear there's going to be rain in several states (including Ohio) tomorrow morning - that's usually good for the Republicans - keeps the lazy welfare dems that just recently got force-registered from showing up at the poles. 8^) I hope it rains cats and dogs.

Well, yeah, but whatever the min. size it takes to bust it without the X-Pel, it's going to have to be several times that size to break it

*with* the X-Pel on, so statistically you're much better off with them.

Also, you have to be careful on smaller lamps; these kinds

Understood.

Yeah - I bought a set of the StoneGuards a couple of years ago - never put them on - they were way too thick (2mm) and stiff IMO - I could see the adhesive peeling due to their inability to conform to the curved surface of the headlight (I don't think they even make them anymore - I get the impression that the X-Pels are the second generation and much improved). I recently bought the X-Pel to go on whenever I get that dang hazy left-side headlight replaced and those HIR bulbs in - too many things on the to-do list (plus I'm slowing down) but I'll be up plenty early tomorrow a.m.!! 8^)

Bill Putney

Uh - no. The purported reason is that ID's cost money, and that it would be like a defacto poll tax. At least that's what the poll worker told me when I asked about ID a few years ago.

It's pretty simple. Give 'em your name, address, and sign in the book.

Reply to
y_p_w

That's the kind of b.s. logic I'd expect to hear. Like I said - what idiots.

Bill Putney

By the same logic, the gas that I use to drive to vote or the shoe leather that I use up walking to the polling booth is a poll tax.

Bill Putney

OT (cont): As it happens the question of not showing ID in (some places) in the US was mentioned in a BBC radio discussion programme the other day.

In UK you don't have to identify yourself but when you are given a ballot paper your name is ticked off a list, so you can't get it twice.

DAS

Reply to
Dori A Schmetterling

"Dori A Schmetterling" wrote

As mentioned by David, we have to sign the voter registry book, so you can only vote once. And, if you're like me (and 2/3 of the voters in WA state that vote by absentee ballot), you can't get a standard ballot - although you can get a "provisional" one that they later validate as your only one.

Bill is out to lunch on this issue.

Floyd

Reply to
fbloogyudsr

Oh, I donno...twelve seems like a nice, round number.

For real. And regardless of legality, there are *huge* numbers of precincts that don't require ID before checking off the name on the voter rolls and directing the voter to a booth.

Not that fake ID is all that tough to get -- ask any college kid.

I'm fairly sure neither the North Pole nor the South Pole nor anyplace in Poland is a US *polling* station. 8^P

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

A poll tax would be wrong. A prerequisite knowledge and IQ test, on the other hand...

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

I would have been surprised if there were no safeguards.

DAS

Reply to
Dori A Schmetterling

I haven't lived in Australia for almost 20 years now, but one could vote anywhere in one's "electoral district" (I'm using the US terminology), not just in one's own "precinct": evey polling place had the list of registered voters (compulsory registration and voting. Yeah!) for that electoral district, and they crosschecked the lists later for dupes and no-shows. If there was an ID requirement at all (I don't recall now for sure), it probably was simply the document acknowledging one's registration, there being no system of photo IDs anyway.

And of course they used a preferential voting system, so that a vote for a "third party" candidate wasn't a wasted vote.

AND there were no radio/tv/newspaper reports or comments on the progress of the election until the polls had closed nationwide (2-hr time difference from East to West).

MB

Whether you vote Democrat or Republican today, the country will still be run from boardrooms in the USA and elsewhere, not by your elected representatives.

On 11/02/04 07:39 am Dori A Schmetterling put fingers to keyboard and launched the following message into cyberspace:

Reply to
Minnie Bannister

"Minnie Bannister" wrote

Actually, in WA state, you can walk into any polling place to vote. They all have the information to construct a ballot for every precinct in the state. The ballot is then sent to the proper county for validation and final tallying, which takes 1-2 weeks (or more, if recounts are needed.)

Floyd

Reply to
fbloogyudsr

Same in Maryland. They ask your name and address (guess they never heard of a phone book) and off to vote you go. No ID required. Amazing. Hard to have a lot of faith in the process when I could say I'm anybody. I guess that's the only way dems can win. We surely wouldn't want people to provide identification, that's way to intrusive. Unreal!

Reply to
James C. Reeves

I thought you lived in Canada. Canadians voting in the US these days? Or is it only Canadian Democrats that vote in the US!

Reply to
James C. Reeves

As long as it's deductible! :-)

Reply to
James C. Reeves

| > Bill is out to lunch on this issue. | >

| > Floyd | |

If you knew your neighbor was ill and wasn't voting, you could easily vote in his place under this system. Stupid! ID is required for any other "transaction" in life, why would requiring it for something this important be a problem to better assure integrity of the process?

Reply to
James C. Reeves

American citizens get to vote regardless of where we live.

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

That makes sense. Why bother though if not residing in the US? Curious.

Reply to
James C. Reeves

Maybe he's trying to make it less painful to return :)

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel