lighting problem on 98 sebring conv.

Quick question!

My wifes 1998 Sebring Convertible has a problem. the taillights stay on in the vehicle. The battery was dead this morning and I boosted it. Noticed the overhead lights were on on the rearview mirror and turned them both off. Then I noticed the lights were on (headlamps & taillights) But the switch was off. Now when playing with the headlamp switch the headlights go off, but the taillights stay on. Any ideas as to what the problem maybe? Body computer? headlamp switch? etc.

Reply to
David

Exactly which "tail" lights stay on? Are they the parking lights only or the brake lights? If the brake lights, try pulling up on the brake pedal as it could be the brake light switch or the pedal not returning to proper height.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Shuman

No, It is the taillights, and the parking lights(turn signal bulbs). The headlights will shut off. Brake lights work normally. I have played with the headlight switch and the just do not turn off. I pulled the headlamp relay, and the headlamp fuse in the cabin fuse panel. The would not shut-off, even after that. I pulled the 40 amp fuse in the engine compartment for headlights and that turned them off finally so it will not kill the battery.

Reply to
David

Reply to
mic canic