Limp mode

No, obviously you *don't* understand that. If you *did* understand that, there would be no "but" at the end of your sentence. Your transmission will have one gear only (2nd) if the computer and transmission cannot see each other. Your transmission is going into limp mode because there is something wrong with it. Fix it!

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

I kind of know how dangerous limp mode can be on the highway. I used to own a '95 Chrsyler Cirrus, was the worst car I ever owned in my life... bought it when it had 40K miles. I bought an extended warranty, within the first 2 months of ownership, throttle position sensor failed... got replaced under warranty, then shortly the following month my transmission failed. That too got replaced by warranty.... then all went downhill. Warranty expired, had 3 more transmission failures, a/c went, ABS controller failed, and transmission computer failed and had to get replaced... was so tired of getting it fixed.. finally gave the car back to the bank...couldn't afford fixing it and paying the loan at the same time. All this and the car had only 87K miles when i gave it up.

Reply to
Pedro R.