List of Chrysler Dealers Being Shut Down

List of Chrysler Dealers Being Shut Down (248K .pdf download)

Jim Higgins

This shows both the Dodge and the Chrysler dealership in our community (Holland, MI) being shut down.

Perce

Reply to
Percival P. Cassidy

That's why I downloaded it-to see if VerHage was being purged & it was. More grief.

Reply to
Jim Higgins

Two dealers in Phoenix are closing but there are several others open. Several had already consolidated with other dealers this past year.

The others in Arizona that are closing are in smaller towns and are the only Chrysler or Dodge dealer in town. Now they have to drive several hours to Phoenix for service etc.

Reply to
miles

Here in Las Vegas NV there will now be three dealerships. Chapman Dodge on Sahara, and Towbin Dodge at the Valley Auto Mall.(Home of "the Chopper") The only Chrysler-Jeep dealer will be Chapman at the Valley Auto Mall. This is after: Las Vegas Dodge Chrysler Jeep closed 3 months ago United Dodge, Integrity Chrysler Jeep Dodge, United Chrysler Jeep, and Jim Marsh Chrysler Jeep just now closed. (Marsh will remain open selling Kia/Suzuki/Mitsubishi, and servicing MOPAR (except warranty). United's owner claims he will remain open selling and servicing his existing line of Chrysler corp vehicles.

In the surrounding areas, the dealer in Pahrump was spared, unlike the two dealers in Cedar City UT.

Chapman just recently moved into a new facility (former Nissan dealership). Hopefully they will increase their service hours to handle the increased load.

With this reduction of selling dealers, it would seem that those cars sold from here on in will cost the buyer more.

Reply to
QX

Both the Krebs Chrysler/Jeep and the Krebs Dodge in the Allison Park, PA area were closed. One man loses both of his dealerships.

Reply to
Pete E. Kruzer

IIRC, I read in one of the articles that all remaining dealers will sell all remaining Chrysler badges - Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep - rather than a Chrysler/Jeep dealer over here, and a Dodge dealer over there.

I guess that could go either way. I guess you're thinking in terms of reduction in direct local competition. The pressure in the other direction (to lower prices) is that there will be a certain amount of paying traffic thru the fewer remaining dealers rather than the same traffic thru more dealers (IOW more potential profitability than there would be with the same total sales divided over more dealers).

The public still can choose to buy other makes of vehicles, so there's always that downward pressure. Who knows where the balance point of the competing pressures will be.

Reply to
Bill Putney

RE: United Dodge in your "just now closed" is inaccurate. United Dodge is currently OPEN in SERVICE, PARTS, & SALES. Supporting local dealers at this time, includes supporting your local friends and family. Remember that these are PROPOSED closures, not as the press has been portraying as "closed now".- thank you.

Reply to
mztere

The one I am sorry to see on the list, Montrose Dodge, they are a really nice operation.

From our local tabloid:

Rick Shaub, who owns Montrose Dodge in Germantown [Maryland], said he likely would have to declare bankruptcy. Shaub has about $2.5 million in inventory that the company is not going to buy back, he said.

?Certainly, we?re an integral part of the community,? he said, adding that the dealership provides cars for many local events, such as homecoming parades.

Shaub, who has been in the location for 30 years, appeared dumbstruck. ?I don?t think it?s actually set in, to tell you the truth.?

h_brown

Not a good way to build brand loyalty & that is not mentioning quality. The first joint model, Chrysler and Fiat will be the "Fiasco".

Reply to
Jim Higgins

No mention of any Canadian dealerships.

But then again, Chrysler Canada did not file for bankruptcy protection.

Reply to
MoPar Man