List of production/concept vehicles that will be introduced at Detroit Auto Show

This is an (edited) preliminary list of production and concept vehicles that will be introduced at NAIAS 2004. Check back often for updates.

Chrysler Town & Country Chrysler 300C Chrysler Crossfire convertible Chrysler PT Cruiser convertible Dodge Grand Caravan Dodge Magnum Dodge SRT-10 Dodge Sling Shot Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Jeep Rescue Jeep Treo Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren Mercedes-Benz Vision GST

Ford Five Hundred Ford Focus Ford Freestyle Ford Mustang

Pontiac G6 Pontiac Solstice Chevrolet Nomad Saturn Curve

Black-tie charity preview is tonight (8 pm?). If you get a local Detroit TV station (I think it's ABC?) then watch!

Reply to
MoPar Man

Black tie event is next Friday night, not tonight as stated below.

This whole week is devoted to pre show press introductions and supplier/manufacturer preview days.

Reply to
Sam Man

I really miss the car-truck.com website.

The site always did a good job reviewing the Detroit and Los Angeles Car Shows and I enjoyed their opinions regarding the various DCX concept vehicles.

Chrysler Corporation used to "rule" the NAIAS - the concepts cars were always a clue as to what was coming - the Grand Cherokee, the LH cars, the Ram Truck, etc.

Since the Daimler days and the loss of Bob Lutz, DCX just doesn't provide the same excitement. I'm not impressed with the Slingshot or the Jeep Rescue and I do not think there will be a very receptive market for the Dodge Magnum - who the hell wants a Station Wagon? (The four-door Charger concept car from two years ago was fantastic - why didn't they build that?)

That said, I think the 300 C is awesome - hopefully if the Magnum is a failure, DCX can shift production toward the 300C.

Product is everything - just look at Nissan.

Marketing/Advertising is next - DCX has had many documented failures in the past two years.

I still think that better days are ahead for DCX - there's a ton of new product in the pipeline. I just hope the lessons learned from the Celine Dion and Lingere Bowl disasters will result in improved Marketing/Advertising.

As always, time will tell.....

Have a great week.

The Worlds Uncensored News Source

Reply to