Location of the fuel pump on a 92 spirit

I have a 92 Spirit. It has preformed well untill lately, When the temperture gets above 30C. the car will not run above an idle and when throttle is applied, the car shudders and loses power. When the car is cold, say in the morning it runs fine. Any ideas? And if the fuel pump is shot, do I have to drop the tank to replace it. 230,000km. Am told it is heat induced faliure, sound real?

Reply to
briandycke

I would start by doing the key on/off sequence to see if there are any stored codes. This procedure can be found on allpar.com, in the diagnostic section.

Yes. The fuel pump is in the tank, so it has to be emptied and dropped in order to replace the pump. Had mine done 3 years ago, and the shop chared $230. Half the cost was for the pump itself.

-KM

Reply to
kmatheson

This sounds familiar. Replace the oxygen sensor. Describes exactly the same problem I had on a 92 Shadow, 2.5, auto. The computer is trying to lean out the mixture because it thinks its to rich. Unfortunately, that gets you nowhere fast. Deke

Reply to
Deke