LONG wait for a PT part?

Hi-- my '03 is at the dealership for a warantee replacement of a leaky steering rack. As of tomorrow, I will have been waiting for TWO WEEKS for the part to come in! They say that there is a "nationwide backorder" of this part. Anyone heard of anything like this? Seems hard to believe that is would be this hard to get a fairly common part. In their defense, the dealer has given me a free rental car as a loaner, so I'm not hugely inconvenienced, but I miss my Cruiser.

****************************** Got wood? Check out my exotic hardwood pennywhistles at fair prices...
BREWERPAUL

You are lucky, I waited 8 weeks for the dealer to get an interlock cable for my Cruiser!

Carart

Gee, I would've taken the opportunity to *disable* the silly interlock and kept happily driving!

DS

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

Great idea. I declare the Toyota Camry to be the standard car for the next

10 years. For now on that is what everyone has to buy.

Reply to
Art

I've never owned a Camry or Toyota for that matter. But I have rented quite a few Camrys over the past couple years. Rental cars shouldn't be used as a guage but that's all I have to go on. The last one was an average equipped Camry with less than 8000 miles. I was truly disappointed in it. Maybe I was expecting more the way some people talk about them. The new Impala was also a big disappointment. The more pleasant surprise in a rental car was a Daewoo Leganza. Fit & finish was nice, great leather interior, roomy, didn't rattle like the Camry either. Too bad Daewoo didn't make it.

Reply to
CopperTop

Reply to
sidewinder

No, not really. It just depends on what parts you're waiting on. I suspect the supply will catch up with the demand at some point.

Reply to
CopperTop

Yeah my Toyota Avalon was a disappointment too. A rattle box and burned up front tires in 18k miles. Why people go googoo over it is beyond me.

Reply to
Art