Looking for stock AM/FM CD car unit....

Its the Chrysler stock/factory unit with the equalizer on the left lower side, and a joy-stick balance control on the lower right side, ID/model number unknown. Its going to go into a 92 Shadow, so having the top right mounting bracket would help, but I can make it work if it doesnt. Gotta be CD. Anybody have one they want to sell? Thanks! Reply here, or email to snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Reply to
Deke

Odds are you'll pay more than for a new one. Why not look into one of the

Reply to
jdoe

Why do I want a stock unit? Because of menus, small buttons, and to many whistles and bells. I currently have a Kenwood Excelon KRC-X858 in the car, ($350 installed) and I hate it. Want to adjust Bass, Treble, balance? Gotta go into menus and submenus, while trying to drive. Cheaper units are easier to use, but lack power output. Forget whats on the box, typical power output RMS for the cheapos is usually about 2 watts per channel. I want a unit with hands on physical controls (equalizer and balance) and buttons big enough for my big fingers to find, and press while the car is in motion. I DONT want to have to read a menu, on a small display, at 60 MPH, in the dark, thru bifocals. I found a guy who does car audio repair for a living, he has one he's rebuilt, and will guarantee it for 90 days, for $150.00. I just thought I'd try to find one from the members of the NG, and maybe pay a bit less. Seems the first thing alot of folks do when they get a new car is have the stock radio replaced with something high power, menu driven, complicated, with tiny little buttons. (Been there, done that). I want one of those replaced stock radios thats sitting on a shelf in someones garage. I'm even willing to trade a Kenwood Excelon cassette in excellent condition, with remote and instruction manual for a working stock Chrysler unit. The Kenwood even has the motorized hideaway faceplate.

Dennis

Reply to
Deke

ID/model

I would suggest checking on eBay. These show up there all the time. However, as the second poster indicated, you can probably get a nice aftermarket unit for what a used stock unit will cost.

-Kirk Matheson

Reply to
kmatheson

Reply to
jdoe

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005, it was written:

LOTS of these on Ebay. Search: (chrysler,dodge,plymouth,jeep) CD FM

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

I can't speak for the original poster, but the reason why I will not use these aftermarket items is their catering to the riceboyzzzz with distracting multicolored, flashing/dancing graphic displays.

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

Reply to
jdoe

Thanks Dan, been looking at Ebay. They seem to be going for about the same price as the one I found from a repair shop, with warranty. Plus I got a response on the alt.autos.Dodge site that I'm checking into. If I have to pay $150, I'll go with the local one with warranty. And I agree with your post about all the flashing/moving crap on the new stereo stuff. Drives my peripheral vision bonkers. Thanks Bud!

Dennis

Reply to
Deke

Thanks Kirk, but to respond to all, I've HAD IT with menus. I want physical controls I can put my fingers on, in the dark, by touch, at

70 MPH. The stock units are the only one that I can find that let you do that with physical controls, without menus, or having to actually look at the unit to make an adjustment. Thanks Dennis
Reply to
Deke

Already went to Crutchfield and looked, as well as every other electronics sales site I could find. Everything after-market is menu driven, with shuttle/jog wheels. I'm over menus, sub-menus, and tiny displays. Thanks anyway. Dennis

Reply to
Deke

Just put in a new Sony unit in another car and it has the option to turn off all moving displays.

Richard.

Reply to
Richard

try eBay...lots of em