Loud clunking noise from front of 1990 Caravan

10/10/2004

After much searching I was able to fix the loud banging/clunking noise that was emanating from the right front passenger floor area of my

1990 Dodge Caravan. Initially I thought the noise was associated with a worn left front outer tie rod end and the four front sway bar bushings. However, the replacement of these items did not solve the problem. The actual cause of the noise was a badly worn right front lower ball joint.

Once the ball joint was replaced, the noise ceased.

Tony V.

Reply to
Tony Venuto