Low temperature results in instrument panel malfunction

When the outdoor temperature approaches the freezing point, my 97 Plymouth Voyageur instrument panel stops functioning; all indicators are non-functional including the speedometer and odometer. The only functional electrical components are the fan on the heater (but no heat), the low/high beams (but no running lights) and the turn signals. I had the clockspring replaced recently, but the dealer says these new problems are un-related. Could this point to the onboard computer or perhaps a temperature-sensitive corroded wire grounding out at low temps? Thanks!

Reply to
JaySea

What about condensation in the instrument panel/connectors? When did it start? - RM

Reply to
Rick Merrill

I've had the problem since last winter; but in the Spring, all symptoms disappear...as the temperature warms. There is no visible condensation, but I noticed in another post, that corroded battery connectors can lead to similar problems, so I will check mine. Thanks for your help.

Reply to
JaySea

The problem has been solved; it was a corroded contact on a fuse.

Reply to
JaySea