Making an armored chrysler

Fearing the end of the world and chaos and anarchy coming soon, I want to create an armored car.

What should I do to make an armored car , should be bullet-proof and anti-radiation etc.

Reply to
Adam Ben Nalois

Park it in an armored garage.

Reply to
Art Begun

No! Wait!

He could hijack a Jeep Cherokee, drive to Carlsbad Caverns with a load of explosives and go down 1500' in the elevator.

Well, it worked in my head.....

Richard

Reply to
Richard Smith

Make it fool- proof.

Reply to
Irwin Opper

If it was fool-proof, Adam wouldn't be able to drive it..

-- History is only the past if we choose to do nothing about it..

Reply to
Mike Hall

Chrysler has already done that. It's the next version of the 300 (called the 300C). It will be available at some point during the first half of next year.

They've already heard your request about occupant security (the Germans have been paying attention to the perpetual high state of insecurity in the US). They've raised the belt-line of the car and reduced the glass area as one example to give the occupants at least the feeling of security (this is no joke - they've admitted that much as the rational for the design).

Reply to
MoPar Man

I'd wait for ole Nomen to reply with some real-world wisdom.

Denny

Reply to
Denny

Just make it BUTT UGLY and it will SCARE the bullets and radiation away, OR go buy a Pontiac AZTEC.

Reply to
Richard Benner Jr

Reply to
mic canic

None of the above. Just follow the advice given in the 50s for dealing with a nuclear attack: sit down, bent over, put your head between your legs and your hands behind your head ... and kiss your ass goodbye.

Reply to
Dave Gower

Take about $500,000 and the car to a company that does this for a living.

Matt

Reply to
Matthew S. Whiting

Just take your car and park it in one of the many government bunkers. Voila, your car is pretty much everything proof.

Reply to
Alex Rodriguez

It's easy and cheap this time of year. Collect all the unwanted fruit cakes and pile them up around the car. NOTHING can get through that impenetrable barrier.

Reply to
Joe Blow

Buy that 64 Imperial listed above. Your pretty much set other than add the bullet proof glass.

Reply to
Jimmy Da Greek