Measuring Oil Pressure 2002 3.3L Dodge Grand Caravan

Is there an extra port on the block where I can connect a gauge to measure oil pressure? I am try to assess a used van for purchase. Thanks.

Reply to
HKEK

You need to remove the oil pressure sending sensor and install a mechanical guage. The switch receives oil pressure input from the engine main oil gallery. When engine oil pressure is greater than 27.5 Kpa (4 psi), the switch contacts open, providing a open circuit to the low pressure indicator light.

Reply to
master tech