Michelin Hydroedge Tire Balancing Problem

Anyone considering the purchase of new tires should really go to tirerack.com. I'm not trying to push that site, but I've been in a controversy between my tire dealer and Michelin. My tire dealer says my Michelin Hydroedge tires MUST be re-balanced every second rotation and Michelin says that's nonsense. Upon reading some of the posts on tirerack.com, I'm convinced these particular tires need re-balancing frequently whether they are rotated or not.

These posts weren't there before I bought the tires. I thought I would be a pioneer and buy a radical-looking tire which was highly-rated at the time, before all the reviews were in. Bad idea. Live and learn.

Reply to
Arthur Alspector

Again, I have almost 20,000 miles on my 2004 Town & Country fitted at 500 miles with the HydroEdge tires and they have been total perfection except for two nails that had to be patched. Never rotated or balanced after the initial install.

Richard.

Reply to
Richard

My son purchased the same tires for his 1996 Eagle Vision from NTB and at the time got a package that provides road hazard protection (fix flats), lifetime rotation and balancing for as long as he owns the vehicle. He also purchased a 3-year alignment at the same time and we already took advantage of it since we needed to replace the driver side wheel bearing and the FSM said to have the alignment checked afterward. He also needs new struts and this will also require another alignment as well, so I think he will get his money's worth from NTB on this deal.

BTW, he has too few miles to tell you if the balancing will be required for us or not.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Shuman