Modify a Crossfire ?

I have put my eye on a nice Crossfire, but due to my length of 200 cm, the chair will not retract enough and tilt the backrest enough to get a comfortable position behind the wheel.

Is it possible to remove the separation wall between the chairs and the luggage compartiment, move the chair sliders a bit backward and solve the problem ?

Reply to
Sir Dive-a-Lot

I have a better solution. Don't buy a Crossfire.

Reply to
Art

LOL :-(

Especially the added arguments are appreciated !

Thomas

"Art" schreef in bericht news:oIWdnVl06uefQ1TVnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com...

Reply to
Sir Dive-a-Lot

The Crossfahrt doesn't get much love on this newsgroup. The only Chrysler part on it is the ignition key. Its a re-badged Benz.

Sir Dive-a-Lot wrote:

Reply to
Steve

Well, for us Dutch people in our small country below sea level.. it is pretty much an American car.

And as the label is Chrysler, I think I can address the case in the Chrysler news group :-)

So please let som tekky stand up and tell me about the separation wall.......

Thomas

"Steve" schreef in bericht news:-qydne8jG8JhalbVnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@texas.net...

Reply to
Sir Dive-a-Lot

Why would Daimler have sold the Crossdresser in Europe?

You will have better luck asking in the Mercedes forum.

The Crossfire is really a Mercedes SLK320.

I highly doubt that anyone that owns a Crossfire reads this newsgroup.

Reply to
MoPar Man

Reply to
rob

Well, it can be a Mercedes (that Idid not know), but ...

I presume it is to be serviced by a Chrysler dealer isn't it ?

And it seems valid to assume that Chrysler dealers/mechanics do visit this newsgroup doesn't it ?

And where should I go else ? :-)

Any Chrysler mechanic that does service these models could react and dig into my question. I don't expect regular owners to do so, as the question is beyond the avarage owner's skills I think.

Thomas

"MoPar Man" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@Man.com...

Reply to
Sir Dive-a-Lot

Same car, same data, different opinion !!

Thomas

"rob" schreef in bericht news:48ccee95$0$5556$ snipped-for-privacy@unlimited.newshosting.com...

Reply to
Sir Dive-a-Lot

That which you propose is not a service operation, it's a modification and a major one at that.

You need to find which newsgroup professional basketball players frequent, they would probably be able to recommend a chop shop to help you.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

i bet the boys at unique whips can help.....

rob

Quite a few contributors to this NG can't cope with internationally-produced cars. If more than a few parts of a car aren't made in the US (or southern Ontario) they turn their noses up at it...

:-) DAS (in London)

Dori A Schmetterling

Have you heard Jeremy Clarkson on other American cars? Listen carefully here and note the comment about (US-based) Budweiser.

I don't think this is an unsual, Crossfire-specific criticism.

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

Well in fact it isn't just a Mercedes but it is basically an old model with mediocre handling for a sports car. And in the past there have been some posts about it .... mostly about the difficulty of getting parts for it in the US.

Reply to
Art

As regards the Crossfire specifically -- incidentally I saw one poodling around the Karmann factory just before launch -- I agree that parts , specially engine, are/were from an outgoing SLK. I don't think DC did itself any favours by doing that but I suspect it helped maintain a price differential (Crossfire cheaper).

From the many comments I have read here (especially about the Crossfire being a foreigner's idea of what an American car should look like) I sometimes think about comments from Brits about, say German, cars that contain 'British' elements like leather and wood to the effect it's what Germans think British cars have.

Actually our finest Britis cars are owed by Germans and partly made in Germany, and jolly good they are, too. Am thinking R-R (BMW) and Bentley (VW) in particular.

Nevertheless, I still think my point about American nationalism and cars still stands as far as many people in this NG are concerned.

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

Reply to
man of machines