need advice on purchasing 95 jeep orvis

hi- ive been offered from a family member the chance to purchase a 1995 jeep grand cherokee orvis edition v8 100,000 miles in excellent condition.having this person purchased this vehicle new,they have always had the vehicle maintained.only thing it needs is 4 new tires.i went to kbb.com and if purchased from a private party i would expect to pay 7550.trade in value is

5625 and dealer used car retail is 9550.i have been offered this vehicle for 4500.this would be my 1st jeep in the family,how much more life does this thing have?i currently own a dodge caravan and hate it.anyone have an opinion?i think the price is fair,but not sure on the chrysler line. tom
Reply to
Gymlift

If it has had good maintenance and you continue with good maintenance, it should easily go another 100,000 miles.

Matt

Reply to
Matthew S. Whiting

Hello, As a jeep owner I can honestly tell you it is very reliable and a tough vehicle to kill. As long as you keep up on the maintenance and oil changes the motor should last well over 200,000 miles. I have a friend who owns a 94 Grand Cherokee and she has over 180,000 miles and still running strong. The only major component she replaced was the Timing Belt and of course Water Pump and that was around 120,000. GOOD LUCK ! Anthony

Reply to
VINTAGE DEALS

hi anthony the vehicle has always been garaged and all service records are available.oil changed every 3,000 miles. tom

Reply to
Gymlift