Need fenderwell plug LH sedan

I am missing BOTH oval shaped front fenderwell plugs on my 2000 Concorde. See :

cannot buy just the plug at the dealer, you have to buy the entire fenderwell ($58 ea. list).Does anyone know of a viable alternative. I have Google searched for "hole plugs" and "rubber caps" but nothing even close comes up. Thanks, Nick B.

Reply to
Nick B

Duct tape?

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt

Check ACE Hardware.....

Reply to
Hank

This is not a simple round plug - custom part - a loacl junk yard item if there ever was one.

Bill Putney

The obvious answer is a local junk yard that lets you pull your own parts. They probably would give them to you especially if you get something else that you pay for at the same time, or they may charge you $5 or $10 (that might seem high, but actually it's a bargain in your situation, so look at it as a win-win - but you're likley to get out of there for $0 or $5). Pull them off and go to the counter - otherwise, if you ask ahead of time, dependng on who you get and the mood he/she is in that day and whether they like your face and attitude, they are liable to tell you they can't sell them separately, but if they already see you have them in your hand, they probably will wave you on thru.

I'm not 100% sure, but I suspect that the part is the same on any 2nd gen LH car (300M, Intrepid, LHS, Concorde) - I know they all have them for accessing headlight removal screws, question is whether they are the same exact shape (probably are).

Bill Putney

Grocery store parking lot? Just kidding. Junk yard won't get you arrested.

Reply to
Art

With apologies to Red Green . . . NO!

Reply to
Nick B

I think thats how the first one dissapeared :^)

Reply to
Nick B

Nobody would steal duct tape... ;-)

Ted