Need new tires for 2002 Grand Cherokee Laredo

My 2002 Grand Cherokee needs new tires and a mechanic recommended I could save some money by using my spare and buying three new matching tires. The load index on my old tires is 104S and I noticed all of the new ones are 106S. Is there a problem mixing load indexes? My current tires are Wrangler ST's. I understand if I do this I have to get the same exact tire.

Thanks, Mike

Reply to
Michael Rosen

Have you actually looked at the spare. On our '99 I believe it is a temp, yet full sized tire. BTW, we put Nokian Vativva (sp?) on after the Wrangler POS tires. They were put on at about 30k, still on the vehicle, but need to be replaced before the snow flies, at 110,000 miles.

Cheers, Howard

Reply to
hdd

Reply to