Need windshield washer reservoir for 72 Fury II

The plastic windshield washer reservoir crumbled into little pieces on my 72 Fury II. I've been having difficulty finding a replacement. Any leads?

Also, the fuel guage doesn't work most of the time. Sometimes it gives a reading, but is inaccurate.

ANy thoughts on this?

Thanks,

Paul

Reply to
Lovguitar

You may be able to fabricate one from a plastic container, say for juice.

Reply to
who

Try Year One for starters,

They may not list your application directly, but maybe something close, if you know what your old one is supposed to look like.

Reply to
Lefty

Chrysler shared many parts across years and models, so a salvage part from a "cousin" or "sibling" might work.

Then again, we are talking about a 37 year old car, so a salvage part might not be much better than what you have. Like the other poster said, you may be able to fabricate one, if you cannot find a reproduction or OEM part.

The fuel gauge problem could be the float, or a sticky rheostat. If you have time to take it apart, that would be the way to know for sure.

If you decide to take it apart, get the car as low on gasoline as possible. The access point is most likely on the front of the fuel tank, if it is anything like the one I did on a 1968 Dodge Dart. Disconnect the fuel lines and wiring from the tank. Undo the lock ring, and the rheostat and float assembly can be removed.

On this Dart, the brass float had developed a leak so it took on fuel and sank to the bottom of the tank, causing an always "empty" reading.

-KM

Reply to
KirkM

.

Year One does have one for the 1970 - 1973 C-Body vehicles. It's a bit pricey. Are you trying to keep your Fury as original as possible?

-KM

Reply to
KirkM