Neon A/C causes excessive engine drag

The A/C in my '99 Neon causes excessive engine drag when on full. After a while it starts to cycle on and off about every 3 seconds, so the car speeds up then slows down... speeds up then slows down. I'm pretty sure the A/C system is properly charged. I've measured the pressuses and they seem about right. Any idea what might be wrong with it?

Reply to
Wilbert

Eh?

Reply to