Neon Nuts and Bolts - Sizing

Can someone please confirm if my Chrysler Neon has imperial (inches) or metric (mm) sized fastenings?

(I did my first oil change at the weekend and my 13mm spanner didn't fit the sum plug very well - I'm worried I'll have to buy some imperial spanners & sockets)

Many thanks

Adam H

metric. I don't remember any drain plug size issues....

Reply to
Joe Pfeiffer

All new Chrysler models have been metric since the late 70s.

Reply to
who

Wrong. The USA metric conversion process is a mess. In the fall I bled brakes on a 1998 Jeep. The bleed screws on the front calipers were metric and the rear drum bleed screws was English.

Richard.

Reply to
Richard

And as a 41-year old Englishman, I'd have to disagree with that, as I've never been taught the imperial measurement system. I'm 41, 1m83 tall, weigh

92kg and sail a 6.68m boat. I buy petrol in litres and measure the distance I drive in miles.

Duh! But please don't call the imperial system English, as many of us are desperately trying to get away from what little is left of it. Hopefully my Neon's fasteners are all in English. (Metric)

Adam H

Whose empire do you think "imperial" is referring to?

Reply to
Robert Reynolds

I didn't vote for her. There are a few other 'Imperial Majesties' around the world. Look at them, not mine.

Adam H