New 2004 Chrysler Crossfires for sale

I have three 2004 Chrysler Crossfires for sale here at Dunham Motors, Florence, Oregon. Two are Coupes, one white, one graphite. They are both priced way under MSRP at $28,995. We also have one limited edition roadster in sapphire blue for $35,000. No Sale tax here in Oregon. These cars haven't sold and are priced to sell.

Reply to
k2caliguy

Gift wrap them and send them back to Stuttgart.

This corroberates what "Steverino" said here on March 18 about steep discounts on the CrossDresser.

Are you paying attention Zetsche? Was the Crossfire your idea? Or you bosses at Daimler?

Leave it to the German masters to force Chrysler to create a dud of a car model.

The 2-dr 300-Hemi concept convertible back in 2000 would have sold like hotcakes and added millions to the bottom line. Instead Daimler forced Chrysler to create a dud as a way to get rid of excess Merc parts.

Reply to
MoPar Man

Thre last time I saw a Crossfire was in my dealership showroom. I went over to look at it and one of the salesmen came over and asked me how I liked it. I said it looked like a dumpy kid's toy only uglier. Since that time, I have been looking long and hard to see one on the road in Toronto and haven't seen one.

Interestingly, I was watching The Apprentice tonight and noticed that GM is coming out with a new Pontiac called the Solstice. It's also a 2-seater roadster and inasmuch as everyone made a fuss over the tinker toy on the program, I considered it in the same league as the Crossfire. Maybe I'm getting too old and practical, but in my opinion, these wee roadsters with the giant engines are obsolete before they hit the pavement. They may be chick magnets, but they definitely repel me.

Arthur

Reply to
Arthur

Well, they can't be big sellers. That's obvious. The whole 2-seater market is impossibly small, and for some reason, there are a bunch of cars in it. They have to split a 50,000 unit market space 5 or 6 ways. Remember when the Miata came out 15 years ago? It was the only little two-seater convertible you could buy. The MR2 was the only other (non-convertible) car in that market. Now there are several.

Reply to
Joe

Reply to
mic canic

Having seen all the responses (up to today, 17 Apr), why do YOU think they are not selling?

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

Reply to
mic canic

Maybe, but you're not the OP, whose opinion I am seeking... :-)

DAS

Reply to
Dori A Schmetterling