new Magnum RT fuel consumption

Can anyone tell me what fuel consumption they are getting with the RT? About town and on long trips would be of interest.

Reply to
matchless

I getting 18 or 19 mpg around town, and 21 or 22 mpg on trips. It's always better if I remember not to drive it like I want to. That's running the recommended mid-grade gas. I may be hallucinating, but the numbers show that I get about 1 mpg better when I run high test, but that's stuff gotten really pricey lately.

In this climate, the A/C runs about 9 months a year, so all those numbers are with the A/C running.

YMMV

I talked to a friend who has a Magnum with the larger 6-cylinder engine. I get better mileage than he does. I attribute this to the fact that the V-8 doesn't have to work as hard to push those 4,400 pounds around, and because of the multi-displacment system on the HEMI.

Dan

Reply to
Dan