New Upper Ball Joint Popped Out

I just replaced all four ball joints (Perfect Circle) in my '95 Ram 1500 and after a few miles the right upper ball joint popped out of the upper suspension arm. Anyone heard of this before? I thought that when I pressed in the ball joint that it was a little easier than the other side. New one not to spec? Too bad Dodge just presses these in from the top with no retainers.

Reply to
Bruce

jdoe

Reply to
73blazer

the aftermarket ball joint measures about .003 smaller you need to have them go through the thier stock to get the correct size i have had this happen to me before

Bruce wrote:

Reply to
mic canic

After the second ball joint popped out, I bought a new upper control arm assembly and this problem is resolved. This right control arm may have been abused by 170,000 miles, two right fender benders, and two popped joints.

Thanks for your help! Bruce

Reply to
Bruce