No supply voltage at Intrepid fuel pump

I have a 94 Intrepid with 3.3 L. that won't start.

There is no 2 second supply voltage at fuel pump connector. There is supply voltage for the fuel level sensor at this connector though.

Checked fuel pump fuse at side of dashboard. Fuse ok Fuses in power managment center are ok. Swapped wiper relay (which I know is working) with Fuel Pump Relay and with Auto. Shutdown Relay. Still no supply at fuel pump

Dissassembled power managment center so I could probe underside of relays with volt meter.

There is voltage at the coil for both the fuel pump relay and the ASD relay, however, the relay is not getting energized

Replaced ignition switch (switch was giving me trouble before anyway) The relays still do not energize.

What other components would cause the fuel pump relay and the ASD relay not to energize?

Thanks in advance to all that respond.

Regards, Mike

Reply to
Mike

mic canic

And if it runs under the radiator then those wires are known for wearing and shorting out. On my 94 LHS I checked the harness carefully and put heater hose sections anywhere it looked like the wires were rubbing against the rad support frame.

Steve m...

Reply to
Steve m...

Hi Steve,

This harness was one of the first things I thought of when I started to trace the wires going out of the power manag. center. Especially when the harness got crushed slightly when I put the car in the ditch at Christmas last year.

But I sort of nixed the idea of the harness being the trouble because I never had any intermittent trouble with the fuel pump. Basically, I drove car home, shut off car, then car won't start next morning. I assumed if a wire shorted in the harness it would be an intermittent problem. But, maybe I should revisit this idea again.

Also, I really, really dread trying to access this harness. I've got no hoist, and there's gotta be at least 50 to 80 wires in that harness.

I'm going to try to ground the relays as "mic canic" suggested,(because it sounds easier than checking that harness), however, it that won't do it, then I guess I've got no choice but to go after the harness. Yuck.

Thanks to you and all that responded. Very much appreciated all advice.

Mike

"Steve m..." wrote:

Reply to
Mike