Noisy Stratus

Help !

I have a 2004 Stratus 4 door SXT coupe. When I'm on the highway, there's a nasty noise which seems to come from the tires. Kind of like a high pitched, warbly sound. I operated the wipers during the noise, thinking that it may be the cause, but no luck. It doesn't seem to change much over concrete or ashpalt. Could the "mag" wheels cause this whistling ?

Would like to hear from anyone who may have experienced this.

thanks.

Reply to
W874

Sound most likely coming from tires themselves. OEM tires typically are noisier than aftermarket.

W874 wrote:

Reply to
Mike Behnke

Sounds like uneven tire wear. You may have a wheel alignment problem causing the tires to wear unevenly.

Reply to
James C. Reeves

Since the car is brand new, if it is wheel alignment, there must have been recent abuse. Was it you or some else who drove the car? Was it like this when you first got it? If your still not sure, go to a dealer and take another Stratus 4 door SXT coupe for a comparable test drive and subject it to the same highway speed. Make sure the car is exactly the same down to the tires. Don't show up with your car or tell the sales person your intention. This will give you your own educated diagnosis, one which you can trust.

Reply to
Phil Breau

Thank you to all who have responded. No, the car has not been abused to my knowledge, and the noise existed from day one. I found out that there is a TSB which covers wind noise, which comes from the front pillar. Sounds a lot like what I'm experiencing. Nest time I'm at the dealer, I will inquire.

Thanks.

Reply to
W874