Nosie after windshield replacement

My company owns a number of 2004 Jeep Libertys. Recently we had to replace the windshield on 2 of them. When we got them back there was a lot of wind noise that seems to be coming from the bottom corner of the passenger side. We took them back to the company that installed them and they said their was a piece that had fallen when they removed to old glass and didn't know exactly where from. They put it where they thought it fit best. They resealed the glass but it didn't help.

We then took them to a local trusted mechanic and he could not figure out why it was happening or where that piece would go.

We then took it to the dealer who said we need to take them back to the installer.

Before we incur the expense of the dealer, I wanted to see if anyone else out there has had this problem and what the fix might be, or if anyone could tell up what the piece might be and where it should go.

Any info is greatly appreciated.

Reply to
Grumdad

If you bought several Libertys from the same dealer you would think he would be able to take time out to look at the service manual for you.

Reply to
Art

Park the liberty with the factory glass next to the liberty with the replacement glass, and look very closely at the two windshields from all angles. I would bet that there is a difference in curvature of the glass - the installer probably used aftermarket glass that was almost, but not quite, exactly like the old glass. The new window probably does not fit exactly right and the installer tried filling up the gap with an abundance of sealer.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt

Does the it leak??