Opinions on the Michelin X-Radial DT on my 1995 Town & Country

Hi All,

I need new tires for one of my vans, and Costco has a coupon starting up Jan 7th that will put the price of 4 Michelin X-Radial DT tires at $347.96 installed and balanced. So far this is the best deal on an 80K tire out there (discounting the $35 a year cost of the Costco membership which my wife informs me is a requirement) that I have found. Has anyone used these tires on a T&C or Caravan or Voyager and has any experience with them? The existing tires on there are these Toyo's that aLes Schwab out on the van a number of years ago and they are extremely noisy, at highway speeds you can hardly hear the stereo.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt

If the tires are that noisy you may have an issue with the vehicle that is causing the tires to cup. Probably worth your while to have the vehicle checked and/or repaired by a competent shop before spending the money on the tires. I wouldn't trust the Costco folks to find such a problem.

I haven't seen these tires on a minivan application but they are pretty good on a regular car. Personally I have never had a problem with a Michelin tire.

Steve B.

Reply to
Steve B.

Hey, if you can afford Michelins, go for it. On my budget I put Goodyear Viva 2 (sold only through Wal-Mart) on my '04 Caravan. I've used these on other vehicles and found them to be quiet, smooth riding, excellent in wet weather and decent in snow. They've got a 1-ply sidewall that makes for a good ride even when you bump up the tire pressure a bit (as I always do -- I like a firmer ride & better handling, not to mention better tread life with less-soft tires). I ordered them online for delivery to my local store and ended up saving $3 per tire...

Reply to
Ron Seiden

:-) I looked at that tire - it is a 60K mile tire not an 80K mile tire - and I happen to have a quote here from Walmart, dated 12/28/07 for a set of via2's mounted, balanced with road hazard warranty - grand total, $336.04 The grand total on the Costco deal is only $11.92 more expensive, for a set of tires with 20K more mileage in the warranty. This of course assumes you have a costco membership, which I already do.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt

No Costco in my part of the country. Like I said, if it's a good deal, go for the Michelins...

Reply to
Ron Seiden