Optional on a PT Cruiser ???????

Subject: Re: PT CRUISER CONVERTIBLE From: Hans =?ISO-8859-15?Q?M=FCcke?= snipped-for-privacy@t-online.de

.. after all ... its name is PT Cruiser (with emphasis on Cruiser)

____Reply Separator_____

Emphasis on Cruiser? I bought a used 2001 Cruiser. I was shocked to see it did not have a desired feature which is stock on most automobiles. It was an option on the Cruiser. Of all equipment to be standard on a Cruiser, you'd think this one would top the list. Yep, CRUISE CONTROL was an option. ON A CRUISER???

Reply to
TOM KAN PA

That Cruise control downshifts on any grade! Steady foot pressure may loose a few mph, but gets you better gas mileage :-)

Reply to
Rick Merrill

Yes, I have used this method extensively when attempting to squeeze all the mileage possible from a tank of gas. Sometimes on long inclines, with no passing, I have received some interesting hand signals from those who were behind me when they were eventually able to pass, and going downhill on a long run I would pass them up again, to their sheer delight -- more hand signals.

Reply to
indago

On the base level and the level with the Touring Package, cruise control was an option, the Limited Edition had it standard. In 2002, a new Touring Edition was created and it included standard cruise control.

I browsed a 2001 car buying guide and a large number of base level vehicles did not come with Cruise Control, they were either optional or came on higher trim level vehicles.

Reply to
Carl

This says much more about you than about the drivers making the hand signals...

Matt

Reply to
Matthew S. Whiting

If they were going so slow on the downhill grade as to allow him to pass them, they got what they deserved, IMHO.

However, I do believe he's having wet dreams - most drivers that get their jollies out of going slower then the prevailing traffic and not pulling off, end up fantasizing that they are able to block the people that pass them a second time. In reality I think very few drivers are dumb enough to allow the slowpoke to get in front of them a second time.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt

what is all that mumbled stuff at the beginning of your post, and name some cars that cruise was standard?

Reply to
Punch