Over heating

I have a 2004 concord

192000 klm and I have replaced the thermostat, water pump , I'm totally lost now and I can't keep spending money on this car . Any suggestions please
Reply to
Dahawk

What antifreeze are you using and what's is color? Is is clear or milky?

James Rau

Reply to
James Rau

replying to James Rau, Dahawk wrote: Hi , hey put new antifreeze in with the thermostat, they did a wash out ( don't know much re cars ) and with thermostat new , they said something about the top hose gets hot BUT the bottom hose is cold , When the car over heats I turn the heater on high and the needle goes to the half way point

Reply to
Dahawk

A few more questions for you:

  1. Does the engine overheat while driving in traffic or when at idle or both?

  1. It still sounds like the cooling system is clogged. Are you sure they (whoever they are) flushed it? The fact that the top hose is hot BUT the bottom hose is cold tells me the radiator is clogged (it almost sounds like you have half a radiator).

  2. The cooling system has a leak somewhere. This is why I asked you if the antifreeze was clear or milky. If it is an internal leak, or (worse) a cracked block, the coolant may be contaminated with oil.

  1. Check your oil level. Also, twist off the filler cap and check the inside. Is the oil clear or milky? This too indicates an internal coolant leak/cracked block.

  2. What's the current temp where you live? Yes, hot whether will cause overheating, even with modern cars.

  1. What are your driving habits like? Do you "ride" the brake while driving? If so, this places stress on the engine, which will cause overheating.

Good luck.

James Rau

Reply to
James Rau

replying to James Rau, Dahawk wrote: Hi James The engine heats up faster if I'm driving but it has over heated when it's idling after I have driving a bit . What I don't understand is when it get to 3/4 or a little higher I turn the heating system on high and all most immediate it goes and stays at 1/2 mark The antifreeze is all too up , oil was done at same time as thermostat. I thank you for trying to help me out as I just can't spending money but I do luv the car

Reply to
Dahawk

The heating system itself is a radiator/heat exchanger. The heater coil shares the same circuit as the remainder of the cooling system. When you turn on the heat, a valve directs hot coolant through the coil, that's all. It works like any other air conditioning system.

James Rau

Reply to
James Rau