P.T.CRUISER VS. HONDA ACCORD

light was red, honda beside me...light turned green, he spun his tires so i figured it was a race, had him behind me before 3rd gear. fools never learn.

Reply to
god

That is one of the problem with FWD cars. When one gets on them they sit there and spin the wheels. Even a puny 4cy like a Civic can spin the front wheels. ;)

mike hunt

god wrote:

Reply to
MelvinGibson

put see how many times over the life of the car you visit the repair shop over the honda....that race he will win......

Reply to
robert

THAT is not a TRUE STATEMENT and IF your wanting to start a flame war, you have just done it.

Reply to
Richard Benner Jr

nice, driven the turbo gt yet?

Punch

2003 GT owner
Reply to
Punch

I tried that race once. A co-worker bought a 1993 Honda Prelude the same month that I bought my wife's 1993 Eagle Vision TSi (Dodge Intrepid twin). 3 years later, he'd sold the Prelude because it had spent a grand total of 6 weeks in the dealer's garage over that time and had had over $3000 in repairs (albeit covered by warranty, but those costs just get rolled into new-car prices). It had also stranded him 4 times.

Its now 10 years later, the Eagle has 203,000 miles on it, and shows no sign of slowing down. It has stranded my wife ONCE (bad crankshaft position sensor- $30 and a half hour to repair). Yeah, American cars really suck, don't they? :-p

And by the way, the PT Cruiser has a statistically BETTER quality history than my wife's car.

Reply to
Steve

I had much the same experience with a 1984 Accord purchased new and a

1989 Acclaim purchased new to replace the POS Accord. The Accord needed major engine repair at 72,000 miles (new cam and full set of rocker arms) and had a host of other problems that commenced at about 60,000 miles. The happiest day of my ownership of that car was when I traded it for the Acclaim when it had 90,000 on it. The only car I've ever had that didn't make 100,000 miles.

The Acclaim died at 146,000 miles and 10 years of age, but it took a 120 lb. whitetail deer to do it in. :-( It still had the original exhaust system, front brake rotors, etc. at that time whereas the Accord required replacement of both at the 60,000 mile mark. And Accord exhaust systems are (at least were in the late 80s) horrendously expensive.

My current Grand Voyager is nearing 147,000 and running quite well other than a stumbling at certain throttle settings which I'm pretty sure is the TPS. I'll replace it when it either gets bad enough to be really annoying or bad enough to trip the computer.

Matt

Reply to
Matthew S. Whiting

gee i am really scared.....fact is they make a better car...period...

Reply to
robert

My wife used to have a 1997 Neon Sport 5-speed that was tough to beat.

60MPH in about 7-8 seconds! She was always racing that thing!!! The only competition she found were Mustang 5.0 V8s, so she said! :-)
Reply to
James C. Reeves

My ancient 1987 Buick LeSabre(aka - the beater mobile) still runs with over 140K on it. I put a new transmission in it and it should be good for at least until 200K.(130K on the original transmission!)

Yeah - the rest of the car rots and falls apart. The 3800 engine is very good.

Two cars - the Volvo 240 is the nice one and the Buick - the freeway beater. Actually, it's better on the highway than the Volvo, but don;t try taking it into the mountains.

Reply to
Joseph Oberlander