Pacifica & Sirius Radio

I just bought a new Pacifica this weekend and got a new Sirius satellite radio included in the deal. I think its a promo. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this. Will it be integrated into the factory radio? OR will I have to have that obnoxious add-in radio installed on the dash?

Reply to
flmtnbkr

It's part of the factory radio, and once you get used to NO COMMERCIALS AT ALL!!! you'll learn that you can't live without it. A word of caution: If you listen to the 2 comedy channels(raw dog and another) be careful while driving, a couple of times they played comedy routines that had me laughing until the tears were coming out of my eyes! It got awful hard to drive!

SRG

Reply to
SRG

Got it installed yesterday! WOW! Unfortunately, for me, it's my wifes new car, so I'll only be able to enjoy it on weekends. However, I'm ready to install it in my PT Cruiser now. I think my stereo is already SAT compatible. Just need a tuner and antenna??? Not sure. Any insight?

Reply to
flmtnbkr

Yes, plenty, I have a 2002 Bright Silver Limited edition PT, it came with the RAZ type radio, cd/cassette/am/fm with cd changer controls. In April of

2003, I called a local Chrysler dealer, gave the parts guy my VIN, and he checked and found out that my radio could be hooked up to the Sirius receiver. You need to order the receiver, and a "vehicle specific" installation kit, the receiver was $175 and the kit was $125. Rather then drill a hole in the roof of my nearly new car, I paid the dealer to do the install. This gave me a 1 year Chrysler warrenty on the install. The install went smoothly and it looks like it came factory equipped. If you have a 2002 or newer PT, with cd changer controls, I think you can have Sirius installed without the additional "head unit". Call a parts dept. and find out. Good luck; SRG
Reply to
SRG