painting just the hood, and maybe the trunk

My 95 chrysler lebaron convertible needs painting, but only the hood, and a tiny bit on the trunk. On the hood for several areas as big as a dime or quarter, the paint has come off leaving an off-white primer. There is only one tiny bit of rust, where I guess the primer was scratched.

Is any paintshop going to give me a discount on painting just those parts of the car? Or the top of the car, down to the racing strips on the side?

OR, could I take off the hood and trunk lid and leave them at an auto paint shop. On the hood at least they would not have to do any masking, and very little on the trunk.

What will the police do to me if I drive around a little bit with no hood? I can arrange to not drive in the rain, and to cover it if parked outside.

Thanks.

If you email me, please let me know whether or not you are posting the same letter. If necessary, change domain to erols.com.

Directions are given as if you know nothing. There's a big range here but I don't know who knows what.

Reply to
meirman

Call around. Paint shop pricing is all over the map, and there's plenty of guys who do small work like this out of their home for extra money.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt

Reply to