Parts to repair starter motor contacts?

Where does one buy the parts needed to replace the starter motor contacts in a '97 Voyager?

My second starter has started clicking sometimes, instead of starting the vehicle.

Or could this just be a low battery (the vehicle had been parked for 3 weeks)?

Reply to
Whoever

Daniel J. Stern

Try

I think You want the 3401 and 3404 part numbers. they have it all.

Reply to
Dave

Not sure if this will be useful, but IF your starter is similar to mine in a 1990 3.3 litre van (also like Toyota, etc), you can take the solenoid apart and carefully file down the copper contacts and the copper on the plunger thing (it must have a better name than that...) all of which will be pitted and worn and that will help. If you want a more permanent fix, take the contacts out of the solenoid and silver solder over the surface, and then file them down nice and neat. They'll last a long time then, silver being harder than copper.

Dave

Reply to
davemcc

I just finished doing this.. our local parts store had the contacts in stock.... my total cost was 70 cents. Far better price than the local garage with.. "ya gotta get a new starter"

cheers Marv

Reply to
Islander