Ping Daniel Stern re: marker lights

I want to wire up the marker lights in my 2000 Neon to flash for turn signals. To accomplish this I'd wire it as shown on your website:

This vehicle has turn signal DRLs, so this means the marker lights will be on all the time (even with headlights / parking lights shut off). Is this legal? Would I run into problems getting the vehicle inspected?

Reply to
Bill 2

Sure is.

Nope.

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

If it is legal, then why did they make the switch from combo turn-markers to just markers between 99 and 00? I mean, the front turn signal is way on the inside of the headlights, having the markers blink would be very beneficial. Also, they switched to foglight DRLs in 2003, why didn't they switch the markers back? Let me guess, quality lighting regulations.

Another lighting question. In a thread on r.a.d you mentioned that the parking lights must remain on when the headlights are on, so that if a headlight burns out you still see a double track vehicle. I noticed some transit busses (GM Newlook/fishbowl, and New Flyer) don't have running lights down by the headlights, just turn signals. Do the clearance lights on the roof count as being the running lights?

Reply to
Bill 2

'cause it's not required to have the sidemarkers flash. It's permitted, but it's not required.

'Cause there's nothing that says they hafta.

True.

Only passenger vehicles, light trucks and related vehicles are required to have parking lamps. "HDVs", as the regulations know them, do not have to have parking lamps.

DS

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern