Plymouth Acclaim 1992

Few weeks ago I noticed the engine ( 3L V6 ) is running erratically , and idling speed went up from 500rpm to 750rpm. Coolant temp. is lower than used to be ( half way between min. and middle of scale ) , I changed the fluid about a month ago. I appreciate any ideas

Chuck

Reply to
Smuga

If the temperature gauge was reading lower than it normally did before, I'd suspect that the thermostat has failed in an open position. This would cause the engine to run excessively rich and would increase the idle.

Since a thermostat is cheap and easy to replace on your car, I'd start with that.

Reply to
Dave in Columbus

Thanks

Chuck