Plymouth Acclaim headlight

There is constant pool of water in both headlights. Every time I dry it up after few days is the same thing again. My Olds. Intrigue have vents to prevent condensation, but not Chrysler. Any idea how to fix it ?

Chuck

Reply to
Smuga

Joe Versaggi

Chrysler has a vent kit for these cars, don't know the number anymore, but it's just a matter of drilling a couple small holes and inserting the vent,, did it on my Acclaims,, helped a lot but not completely... Maybe ping Daniel J. Stern he is the resident lighting expert and may know this PN by heart !!!

Reply to
Ted

I have a similar problem on my 91 Accl., though in the marker light assembly. Been through three blown bulbs because of it, and it seems like it happens randomly. Anyone out there in Usenet land know of a way these things can be modified to give them a vent or something, or even a fix to block where this moisture's coming from?

On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 22:04:59 GMT, "Smuga" wrote in ten foot tall digital flames:

Reply to
Dennis Busse

The corner marker that attaches to the front of the front fender and "rounds out" the corner where the headlamp meets the fender?

Not an endemic problem -- your corner marker lamp assembly has just come unsealed. Replace it; they're not expensive.

That's only applicable to the headlamps -- the marker lamps are supposed to be sealed.

DS

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

About $15 rockauto.com 1991 ... Plymouth .... Acclaim ...Body Exterior .... SideMarkerLampAssembly

I only use this like (rockauto) as it is the one I know,, I am sure there are lots of places these parts are available..

Reply to
Ted

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

I put one in my last Acclaim before I got rid of it... can't speak for it's (sidemarker housing) longevity,, but seemed to fit ok,, I think the OEM part is about $50 US which I didn't want to spend as I was getting rid of the car anyway at the time.....

Headlights??... I don't think I would bother with generic crap either

You might know someone online that knows something about lighting and headlights maybe ask them .

LOL

Ted

Reply to
Ted